The X-Ray has very short wave length and high electromagnetic radiation.
When the sample location cannot be inspected using external appearance related metrology tools, X-Ray imaging can be used to detect the internal structure of the sample due to its intensity change as a function of material density. This contrast image can show the internal structure of the sample without any physical destruction to the diagnosed region.
MSS has the newest X-ray equipmet — QUADRA 7 (Nordson DAGE) and FSX-90.
Figure-1. QUADRA 7
▪ Sample size:45X40X10(CM)/10kg
▪ Maximum inclination is 70 degrees, 360 degrees rotation
▪ Resolution up to 0.1um
▪ Machine for real-time observation of images
▪ Defect inspection in IC packaging﹕ layer delamination, burst Crack, void, and bonding inspection.
▪ Potential defects in the PCB manufacturing process e.g.: mis-alignment, bridge or open circuit.
▪ SMT solding void inspection and measurement.
▪ Inspection of crack in high density plastic material or void in metal.
▪ Solder ball array inspection in BGA packaging and flip chip packaging.
▪ Wire&pad burn out
▍Eng. Contact Window
Mr. Wu ext.3677