MSS new 3D Laser confocal profile can provides non-contact, nanometerlevel profile, roughness, and film thickness information on all kinds of samples, and indicates which metrics are most critical for evaluation.
Figure 1: a) Working principle of the 3D Laser confocal profile. b) Calculate roughness on a 2D or 3D image for a given line.
– 3D Laser confocal profile niches
• Non-destructive & non-contact analysis
• Fit to all kinds of samples (size, height, hardness, ...etc.)
• Fast analysis speed
• Better spatial resolution, 0.2 um (Optical profile is 0.38 um)
• Better vertical (z-direction) resolution
• Can be measured with an albedo larger than 5%(perfectly for Micro Lens)
• Can be a complementary tool to AFM
Figure 2: LED chip morphology
Figure 3: Cu ingot morphology
Figure 4: IC gold bump measurement